By default, it is necessary to have a Microsoft account to install Windows 11 Home and versions of Pro that are build 22H2 and up. However, sometimes users are looking for the guide how to install Windows 11 without Microsoft Account due to various reasons.
The reasons could include they are about to sell your PC or give it their friend or donate it in charity or are installing Windows 11 on your child’s PC or perhaps they just like their privacy and do not want to create a Microsoft account in the first place.
Whatever your reason is, there is a way how you can install Windows 11 without using a Microsoft Account. Here in this article, we are going to provide the detailed instructions regarding this. So, read the article fully.
Methods how to install windows 11 without Microsoft Account
There is a trick you have to follow to use a local account for your current builds of Windows. This involves cutting off internet during the setup process. It is important to note that the trick that we are going to mention will not work in upcoming and current in preview build 22H2.
It will block it and demand you to reconnect to the internet before continue. So, if you are using Windows 11 22H2, you need to prepare your install disk using Rufus and then proceed to the steps provided down the page.
Continue with downloading Windows and create a Windows 11 boot disk with Rufus or otherwise and then follow the below steps on how to setup without a Microsoft Account:
Steps to install Windows 11 without Microsoft Account
- Follow the installation process as usual until you reach on Sign in or create a Microsoft account page,
- Now, it is a time to disable Internet Connection. Press Shift + F10 and in the opened Command line, type the following command and hit Enter:
- Close down the Command Prompt,
- Now, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen,
- In a new log-in screen appears, asking “Who’s going to use this device?”, enter a username you want to use as a local account and click Next,
- Set password of your choice and click Next,
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
No Thank You Method to Install Windows 11 without Microsoft Account
Another method involves confusing the Windows by entering an email address apparently being used too many times:
- When Windows 11 setup prompts you to log-in to your Microsoft Account, enter [email protected] as your email address and hit Next,
- Enter your password in the password filed and click Sign in option,
- “Oops, something went wrong” message on the screen means that this method works in your case,
- Click Next on the screen, and in the opened window where you are asking “Who’s going to use this device?” enter username of choice and set a password and click Next.
Create Windows 11 Installation Disk that allows bypassing Microsoft Accounts
As said, if you are using Windows 11 22H2, you would have to use Rufus or other method to create the install disk so that turning off the internet during the setup process allows you to proceed with a local account. Here are the steps how to make a Windows 11 Install disk that allows you to disconnect from the internet during the setup so as to create a local account instead of using the Microsoft account:
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file for Windows 11 22 H2 (build 22621.169 or higher),
- Insert a USB Flash drive that you want to use as an install disk. This drive should have at least 8 GB of space,
- Now, download and launch Rufus version 3.19 and higher. There is no installation process involved. However, you may be asked to confirm permission by Windows User Account Control,
- Select the USB drive in the Rufus’ menu, click Next and choose your ISO file,
- Click on Start option on the Rufus window now,
- Toggle the Remote requirement f or an online Microsoft account on and click Ok option,
- Click on the prompt that states that Rufus will destroy all the data on the USB Flash drive,
- Wait for a few minutes and Rufus will copy the files to the USB Flash Drive. Once done, you will have a bootable Flash drive.
WE are now rounding off our article on how to install Windows 11 without Microsoft Account. Hope so, this article is helpful for you. Comment down below in case of any queries, questions or suggestions regarding the post.