Hello dear! I need your help. I am running with an issue on my system. KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10 for me. I can’t understand why this is happening so. Your valuable guidance will help me to resolve my trouble. Please, help me to get out of it.
KB5017305, the September 2022 Windows Update, addresses the security issues for Windows Os and log requests. This update should be installed automatically on system. However, users who have installed the previously August kb5017308 reported that it fails to install automatically.
There are many reasons possible why KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10, ranging from registry issues and internet access or update service problems. File corruption, miss configuration and even malware infection can result in this issue.
Also, the particular issue can be caused due to low space on System Reserved Partition or connectivity issues. You should free up some space and then try installing the upgrade again and seeing if this helps you to resolve the issue.
Generally, such issues with buggy updates can trigger additional problems with the system. To resolve them automatically, you should use PC Repair Tool. It will repair damage, clean the system junks, improve performance of PC, privacy and security state. Here is its direct download link.
Other solutions might involve users’ involve and require adequate attention to the details while performing the fixes and altering the system settings. All possible fixes to resolve the issue under discussion are mentioned below:
Possible fixes for KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10
Fix 1: Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
To begin with, you should use the built-in Windows Update Troubleshooter to check out for possible Windows related issues and resolve them:
- Go to the Settings,
- Select Update & Security,
- Click on Troubleshoot> Additional troubleshooters,
- Now, click Windows Update and select Run the troubleshooter option,
- Apply the suggested fixes and see the next if this resolves your problem.
Fix 2: Disable Firewall
Overprotective antivirus program might be blocking the Windows Update process by falsely deleting the process as malicious. You should disable your firewall for now and then install KB5017305 and check if you can perform the Windows Update successfully now:
- Simply search for Windows Firewall and select Windows Defender Firewall in the search result,
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off window,
- Turn off the firewall for both private and public networks,
- Confirm the changes and then try updating now and check if this resolves KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10 issue.
Fix 3: Try with deleting DataStore files
If the problem continues, you should try with deleting DataStore files. Many users stated that this helps them to resolve the issue:
- Press Win+ R, type in services.msc and click on the top result to open Services window,
- Look for Windows Update, right-click on it and select Stop,
- Now, open the Run window again and type this time %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and click Ok,
- This will open Windows Explorer in correct location,
- Delete all contents of the folder on screen,
- Go to the Windows Services again, right-click on it and select Start and then check the Windows Update.
Fix 4: Run a SFC scan
System files corruption can be the reason for KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10. You should use built SFC scanning utility to repair these files and resolve the issue:
- From Start menu, search for CMD,
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator,
- In the Command line, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter,
- Finally, restart your device.
Fix 5: Use Media Creation Tool
If nothing works and you still encounter the problem, use Media Creation tool to download the update:
- Go to the Microsoft Official website to download Windows 10 installation media,
- Double-click on it the installer to begin installation process,
- If received UAC prompt, click YES,
- Agree the terms and click Next,
- Select Upgrade this PC now and then click Next,
- Wait for the Windows downloads the necessary files.
That’s all! We have provided all possible fixes for KB5017305 fails to install in Windows 10. Hope so, these fixes are helpful for you in resolving the issue. Comment down below in case of any questions, queries or suggestions regarding the post.